World-class test cells
MTU’s facility in Berlin-Brandenburg boasts one of the largest and most advanced test cells for industrial gas turbines worldwide. It is designed to accommodate and test LM2500?, LM2500Plus?, LM2500+G4? industrial gas turbines and various versions of the LM6000? under real operating and load conditions. An electric generator is the load element. LM5000? turbines are tested on an aero engine test bed. For conducting LM2500? and LM2500Plus? gas generator tests, the company uses an MTU-owned power turbine.
The control platform used is GE Energy’s Mark VIe. The control system features high-speed networked I/O and Ethernet communications. ToolboxST? is powerful software used to perform diagnostics.
Its capabilities allow MTU to put even very highly-stressed components through their paces. For MTU, they are an important means of assuring the high quality of its maintenance services at all times. Web-based real-time remote witnessing allows customers to stay up-to-date with the progress of the test runs of their IGTs.
MTU has the following services to offer in its test cells:
- Process gas chromatography for analyzing the gas quality.
- Emission measuring capabilities for testing DLE gas turbines.
- Combustor mapping capabilities.
- Vibration diagnostics (advanced Bentley Nevada ADRE 208-P DAIU; 3500 vibration monitoring system with eight-channel vibration analyzer).
- Balancing of low-pressure compressor rotors.
- Digital recording of all relevant gas turbine parameters using the proDAS high-performance data acquisition system, a joint development of MTU Maintenance and MDS Aero.
- Fully electric six-valve MEGGITT test cell fuel skid.